Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Book 3: Honor Bound

For my third book I've found what I hope will have a slightly more adult flavor than the last book. I've chosen Honor Bound by C.J. Archer, Book 1 in the Witchblade Chronicles. A supernatural romance novel set in Elizabethan England.

Isabel's quiet life as an assistant to one of London's famous apothecaries hides a deadly secret A secret that could see her put on trial for witchcraft if the authorities uncover the truth. But when the authority figure who shows up at her shop is Sir Nicholas Merritt, she's at risk of losing more than her life. She could lose her heart and soul, and the man she loves.

Royal spy Sir Nicholas Merritt can't believe his luck when he stumbles upon Isabel during an investigation. He's been searching for her for 7 long years and now he has her again, in his bed and in his life. Except she's resisting all the way. Worse still, she's somehow tangled up with a plot to assassinate the queen. To hold onto her this time, she must find out why she left him while hiding a secret of his own that could tear them apart forever.

Note: Each of the Witchblade Chronicles books is a complete novel with different characters. They do not need to be read in order.

I'm really looking forward to reading this book. I love period novels, and I love novels set in foreign countries, especially in Europe. Also I'm never one to look down on a well written romance novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog