Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What's Going On

Well for the last couple days I've been having a little bit of a writers block problem and have been struggling with what to post about. Instead of spending forever hoping something meaningful springs to mind I'm just going to give you all a little update about what's going on in my life.

For anyone who doesn't know, my son has a rare blood disorder which prohibits his body from creating red blood cells. He's currently taking steroids to help his bone marrow in producing those precious red cells. Me and my husband joke all the time that he's going to brag to his friends when he's older that he's a vampire. He's pale and for the first year of his life he needed blood transfusions every 1 to 2 months to keep him going. Well on the 30th he had an appointment with his hematologist and he was stable enough for them to drop his dose again. This is incredibly exciting news for us. The ultimate goal is to reduce it to either a manageable amount he'll take forever or best case scenario weaning him off of them all together. Let's hope this is a step in the right direction.

He's been really testing his limits lately. He really knows how to push my buttons and when. I do my best to keep my cool but sometimes I have to just walk away. Is this just a three year old thing? I sure hope so.

We got our tax refund in today (yippee!!) which means we get to pay off some important bills and spoil ourselves a little. So far we got a PS3 for the family and I got a new bed set plus a few small things.

I finally got a round to talking to my husband about my fitness goals. I really want to take things seriously this time. I've been reading this free weight loss book on my Kindle called Drop a Dress Size. It's a great book, it's realistic and it focuses on real health and making healthy choices. It provides a lot of great information and techniques to get you off on the right foot. Especially what it has to say about setting goals. I've been working out every day for at least 30 minutes and have fallen in love with Tiffany Rothe workouts. She's full of good energy and offers a wide variety of exercises. You can find most of them on YouTube and if you follow the weekly workout routine she has posted on her Facebook page you will sweat!

I haven't forgotten about my Witchy Reading Challenge. I'm still reading Honor Bound and so far it's a great book. I've just been so unfocused lately I've been having a hard time reading diligently but I'm over half way through and will be sure to post my review soon so I can start my next book.

In current affairs I'm glad Prop 8 was deemed unconstitutional and it scares the crap out of me that Santorum is doing so well in the poles.

I hope the rest of your week is easy and relaxed and don't forget to check back in for Tarot Friday.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog