Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Why I'm A Solitary Witch

I've followed Paganism in one form or another for most of my life. I've been to open rituals put on by a coven, and I've talked extensively with other pagans exchanging ideas, and sharing knowledge but I've never been in a coven.

I've thought about it from time to time, fantasized about it really. How wonderful it would be to be involved with a group of like minded Pagans, getting together for Rituals, Sabbats, Esbats, Potlucks, and Study Groups. A coven of sisters and brothers I could always rely on. In my current situation having that type of support group is something I dream of. But it would never work out.

I'm happy being Solitary and I probably always will be. I'm not good answering to other people, I like to manage myself. Answering to a High Priest or Priestess would be too confining for my spirit, and we'd probably clash. It's just not something I need. I don't do well having other people in charge, I need to be in control, and I'm not nearly advanced enough to lead my own coven, not to mention my life wouldn't allow for it right now.

I love that if I don't have time for an all out Sabbat Celebration or Full Moon Ritual I don't have to do anything. No one is waiting on me. I recognize the importance of the day quietly and go about my life, a wonderful luxury when raising a preschooler. I don't have anyone telling me what "degree" I am, and what books I need to read, or what I need to believe in in order to be a "real" Witch. I get to do things my way, whatever feels right to me.

Maybe one day down the line I'll start my own, or I'll find one that's the perfect fit for me. For right now though I'm happy with the way I am, and I see no reason for things to change any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog