Monday, July 8, 2013

Weeks end

Well it's Monday and that means the weekend is over, not that that really means all that much to me yet. I'm a stay at home mother which basically means I get no weekends but pretty soon they'll start to mean something. Adrian (the munchkin) starts school in September. AHHH when the hell did that happen??? Not only him but the hubby is going back to school himself in September, he's going to be a math teacher. With all of that plus a baby on the way things are going to be getting a little busy around here so we're using this summer to get in as much fun family time as we possible can.

Saturday night we watched Warm Bodies (not with the munchkin of course) and I have to say it was officially the best Zombie movie I have ever seen. It wasn't until we got about 1/2 way through it that I realized it was meant to be a take on Romeo and Juliet. I love being able to link a classic work of art or literature with something modern especially when it's not immediately obvious.

Sunday was busy busy busy, getting housework done, getting breakfast, getting to the bank before it closed, dropping off rent, going grocery shopping, getting lunch, and going to the beach before finally crashing back at home for dinner and a marathon of Star Trek (the one with Scott Bakula).

On a personal note I've been reading like crazy, I've finished 4 books in the past week, and I'm trying to find time to get back into meditation. Staying relaxed is good for the baby and all that and for me there's nothing more relaxing then getting lost in meditation, even if it's only for 5 minutes.

So what's going on with you dear readers, any exciting stories of your weekend? What have you read or watched? What do you do to unwind?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog