Sunday, December 2, 2012

Eye of the Witch Review

I started reading Eye of the Witch last Sunday morning and finished it that night, I've read another book and a half in between. Like I said I've been going book crazy lately just spending hours devouring words like they're the finest chocolate.

Anyways the fact that I was able to finish it in a day should give you an indication of how fast a read it is (although I'm an insanely fast reader and can finish whole series in an afternoon if it's engrossing and I have no other responsibilities). It was a fun paranormal style who-done-it story. It's told from the point of view of Tony Marcella. I like tales told from an omniscient view point but for some reason first person always make for a faster read.

It was quick and fun and left you guessing as to who the real criminal was, which I liked. I know some people felt that the English was poor but I felt that it gave the characters a sense of realism. I didn't find it to be dragging or predictable, and reminded me a little of some sort of paranormal cop drama.

Now this wouldn't be a very witchy book without a Witch but don't worry it does have one. Lilith the Witch in question was funny and caustic, which I like in a woman. Also I have to give the author credit for attempting to keep his description of Witch's in general real, addressing the fact that not all Pagans are Wiccan and not all Wiccan practice Witchcraft. A character in the book who equated it with devil worship even got their head intelligently and appropriately bitten off.

In closing it was fast, it was fun, and it was funny, with a kick ass Witch and relatable main character. I'm in the process of acquiring the rest of the series for myself and when I read it through I'll let you know what I think.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog